Seeking: International NGOs, Somali Civil Society Organizations, Consulting Firms and Institutions working on Governance and Peacebuilding in Kismayo, Somalia
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program
The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia and the self-declared Republic of Somaliland.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict; to promote stability and community cohesion, and to strengthen citizen-government relationships.
To support the Federal Government of Somalia’s bottom up reconciliation and peacebuilding efforts, the TIS program is currently seeking experienced International and Somali Civil Society Organizations, Consortiums of Peacebuilding networks or Educational Institutions to facilitate a series of civic dialogue processes in Kismayo.
The goal of this activity is to facilitate civic engagement processes, rooted in best practices in peacebuilding and conflict sensitive approaches that will result in agreement between communities on local governance arrangements within the confines of the Somali Provisional Constitution and pertinent federal legislation.
- Minimum 3 years of experience facilitating peacebuilding, civic education and local reconciliation processes in Somalia and/or the Kenya-Somalia border area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the complex political and conflict dynamics in Somalia.
- Key Personnel with Somali language proficiency preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the security and operating environment and ability to manage all logistical arrangements for this activity.
- In-depth knowledge of lessons learned in peacebuilding and reconciliation in Somalia and sound understanding of “Do No Harm” principles.
Please send an Expression of Interest (EOI) with
1) an organizational profile and
2) three professional references
Please ensure that the email title for your application is “Promoting Civic Dialogue.”
Deadline for receipt of EOI’s is March 31, 2014 at 4:00 PM local time.
If your organization is shortlisted, TIS will send you a detailed Scope of Work for this activity.
Please note only short listed organizations will be contacted.